Christopher S Horler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...] If you run the
> DRI do you get fully hardware accelerated opengl (on supported cards)?
> Does this require any binary only modules?

You get HW-accelerated OpenGL at least from the original Radeon (I assume
this is the Radeon7000) up to Radeon9100 _whithout_ binary modules - but
with the mentioned issues (and you have to do some handwork yourself).

> Anyone heard any news about adding R300 cards?

If anyone donates such a card to me I would at least be able to answer this
question. Please look at the appropriate mailing list for further
information (everything's already discussed there, but I don't remember
precisely). A look at the DRI FAQ would be a nice thing, too.

You'll recover all this this elaborated in the next release of the FG
manual ....

Martin.