On Wednesday 18 June 2003 04:32, Martin Spott wrote:
> Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  $ fgfs --lon=-122.40 --lat=37.79 --heading=320 --altitude=500
> > --aircraft=ufo
>
> Thanks, this shows the buildings as expected. Now I understand the matter:
> The HUD coordinates display degree and minute (the latter with decimals) -
> not degrees with decimals as I expected,
>
> Martin.

Something I learned to start doing is to look into the properties to get the
longitude and latitude... plus the altitude (divided by 3.28 (I think)).
It gives the long. lat. in same format as used in the OBJECT line in the stg
files.

In the menu (F10) it's under
File > Browse Internal Properties > position

That trick I learned from the list here and it really helps when I want to
place a building in the scenery.

Now if I could find something similar that would tell me which tile I'm in as
far as scenery goes. I can find it in the log file, but if it was in the
properties tree (which it could very well be), it would make it a whole lot
easier ;)

Re's!

WillyB