WillyB writes:
> On Wednesday 02 July 2003 20:55, Norman Vine wrote:
> > WillyB writes:
> > > I was a little off..  updated from CVS and then ran make ...
> > > then every time it goes to another dir it runs automake-0.7 -gnu blah
> > > blah... a popup w/ Perl in the title of the window comes up 5 times in a
> > > row, with This program has performed an illegal operation and will be
> > > shut down...
> > >
> > > This happens each time it runs automake.
> > >
> > hmm....
> >
> > when in a 'cygwin shell' what is the output of
> >
> > which perl
> > /usr/bin/perl
> > and
> >
> > perl --version
>
> This is perl, v5.8.0 built for cygwin-multi-64int

Hmmm... got me ....

Is this when running autogen.sh ?

if not remove any leftover confstatXXXX directories and
try starting over from ./autogen.sh

You could try doing a
export PERLIO=perlio
first

If this doesn't help, only other thing I can suggest is asking
over on the Cygwin list.  The Perl maintainers are usually
very interested in this kind of thing and normally answer quickly

Norman