> Well, it was a nice thought while it lasted - developing a
> plug-in for air
> racing fans out there to go online and have a "virtual air race" on a
> "virtual Reno course". It's sad that I have to bring you the bad news but
> things are sometimes just what they are - the Reno/Stead facility
> as well as
> the existing course layout of off-limits to flight sim developers."  ....

There are much, much better places for a race than there. In a flight sim,
we also are not subject to the same restrictions. Obstacles, challenges, and
hazards might include (for us):

- night
- mountains (over hill and dale, through valleys and canyons, etc.)
- about pylons and buildings
- around and/or through airborne stationary or moving targets

etc.

Make it sort of like an airborne Grand Prix. Add challenges such as best
touch and go, best "bean-bag" drop on target, etc.

Jon