> From: Arnt Karlsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> WillyB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > Ok Rich... now I'm in trouble because he seems a little bit interested
> > and asked me how to program.  I know enough to sometimes follow the
> > code, but
> ..http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/programming.html

I have to admit that my personal policy, all along, is that if someone
doesn't want the feature enough to help implement it ... then they
obviously don't want it enough for me to prioritize it very high.
Software engineering skills, in some specialization or other,
are valuable contributions to pretty much any professional career.

Also, unless the parent happens to have relevant skills to be taught,
I'd suggest the child pursues a complementary skill or technology.
That makes family projects more fun and inherently team oriented.

As far as determining whether one of you has got a bead on the other,
I suggest you both investigate writing a program that records all
the position and velocity data for all participating MP aircraft.
That program can simply determine whether the extended and delayed
centerline (corresponding to invisible bullet tracks) ever intersects
the spherical volume of the opposing aircraft's crew cabin section.
Just figuring out how to make that decision will be a valuable
training in geometry and arithmetic calculation.