I'm working my way through some of the UK aerodromes, and have hit some problems
agreeing ANY of the decimal coordinates in the FG files with the DMS coordinates given
in the UK AIP.

For instance, London Gatwick (EGKK) has ARP at N510853 W0001125, which by my
calculations comes out as 51.148056/-000.190278.  (Degrees + Minutes/60 +
seconds/3600).
As it happens the ARP for EGKK is defined by the midpoint of RW 08R/27L.

Now the FG data has Gatwick's ARP at 51.146661/-000.188750, and the midpoint of RW
08R/27L at 51.146667/-000.188750 - close! but not right.

So two questions:

1) Is the data for the UK in the FG airports stuff correct, or have I screwed up in my
arithmetic.  I guess this might be "what source has been used for the FG airport
coordinate data?"

2) Is there a graphical tool to design airports (I use Linux, but I have access to a
Windows machine)?  I am mightily put off by the amount of work establishing the centre
points of all the taxiways I want to model!

I was sort of hoping to make a Gatwick model as good as the San Francisco in the
default data, and then use the UK AIP to improve the detail of the other UK airports.
Of course, I also have to make sure the navaids line up too, at the moment the Gatwick
26L glide path ends short, I think.

Cheers,
Richard.