Thanks Eric does this mean that I can add Leading edge slats and spoilers this way too.

Cheers
Innis

Erik Hofman writes

Innis Cunningham wrote:
Hi All
I would like to be able to use the Slats, Spoilers, Speedbrake functions of the property tree but after a short play with the speedbrake function (ctrl+b) nothing seemed to happen.
Does all the properties in the property tree have supporting code eg:slats,spoilers, or are they there for future development.

The way it works now is that pressing ctrl+b set a property.
Then the FDM configuration file has to actually do something with that. For JSBSim something like this is needed:

 <FLIGHT_CONTROL>
   <COMPONENT NAME="Speedbrake Control" TYPE="KINEMAT">
     INPUT   fcs/speedbrake-cmd-norm
     DETENTS 2
             0   0
             1   1
     OUTPUT  fcs/speedbrake-pos-norm
   </COMPONENT>
  </FLIGHT_CONTROL>

To see some moving parts in the aircraft's 3d model something like this has to bee added to the animation configuration file:

<animation>
  <type>rotate</type>
  <object-name>right_speedbrake</object-name>
  <property>/surface-positions/speedbrake-pos-norm</property>
  <factor>60</factor>
  <center>
   <x-m>14.97</x-m>
   <y-m>0.0</y-m>
   <z-m>0.0</z-m>
  </center>
  <axis>
   <x>0.0</x>
   <y>0.0</y>
   <z>1.0</z>
  </axis>
 </animation>

These are both part of the Fokker 100 model.

Erik