Norman Vine wrote:
Matevz Jekovec writes:

I am trying to make HUD visible only in 0 view. If I use <condition> and
<equals> type of sentences in my J22 hud.xml file, FG tells me it is not
able to parse few lines from that file and ignores my condition.
Is there any other way to turn off HUD when not in 0 view?

Just cycle the colors < h > or  < H > keys

HTH

Norman

I was thinking on a HUD being *always* invisible in outside view and always visible in inside views (you'll set the conditions in HUD xml file). Even better, it would be cool, to simply assign the surface (a 3d object, or pure coordinates of the model) where the HUD should be rendered to.
Of course you could turn off/on the hud with 'h' key, but IMO that should be like pressing or rolling the HUD knob in the cockpit (flight electronics job).

btw. Do we have any HMD (helmet mounted display) in newer aircrafts (Su33, F22/23) implemented? If not, the code should be the same as for HUD, but should always be rendered to the center of the screen no matter where you look to inside the aircraft.

- Matevz