David Luff wrote:
> On 10/18/03 at 5:01 PM Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
> >I used Inno Setup and the script provided in CVS to build
> >a complete ( binary + data + docs ) installable image for
> >windows.
> >
> >The file is there :
> >ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/fgfs-win32-msvc-full-0.9.3-pre1.exe
> >
> >The file is pretty huge ( 80Mb ), so it is for the brave ;-)
> >
> >It includes latest Helo developments and also latest changes
> >to the F16 as of today.
> >
> >Test it and tell me ( on the list ) if it works for you or where
> >it fails.
> >

> Hi Fred and Bernie,
>
> Great work chaps, this is fantastic - I predict that this will greatly
> increase the popularity of FG!
>
> The pre1c version from this morning installs and works fine on NT4 sp6a
> with no problems finding the dlls. (pre1b crashed out on MSVCP70.dll)
> Memory usage is lower than my Cygwin exe (about 240MB compared to 360ish),
> and framerates are better (about 33 on KSFO runway compared to 24).
>
> Unfortunately, the frequency lookup (under the ATC-AI menu) intermittently
> crashes the MSVC exe. Since I can't replicate this on either Cygwin or
> Linux it's making it a bit hard to fix! Could you try the patch below
> please and see if it fixes it. I can send you the complete ATCDialog.cxx
> off-list if you'd prefer.

I have to admit I never tried the ATC/AI code. Perhaps it is time to ;-)
One thing is that you can send me the exact procedure to trigger the bug.
I will see with the debugger ( that is the reason I prefer developing with it ).
I suspect an initialization problem because MSVC don't set local variables
to zero implicitly.

-Fred