Hi,

Starting today (monday) I will be working on a ground vehicle server that
will manage the movement of ground vehicles over a road network.  The server
will be in charge of calculating the ground elevation and movement of each
vehicle every second.  Any connecting client (FG) will be passed this info
in the form of an XML document.  The client will then display the vehicles
interpolating the the points inbetween those passed by the server.

The question to the group is there a c, c++ library available for easy
tcp communication where a read returns the entire message (XML documents
will be of differing sizes)?  I have looked at SGSocket and will use it
unless there is a better suggestion.

The results of a server and interpolation results in synchroniztion
between all clients and is not dependant on the processing power of the
client.  Based on an educated guess a 2.4G P4 with the client
interpolating intermediate elevations will be able to serve about
500 vehicles.

Seamus