Andy Ross wrote:

1. The default log level is now FG_ALERT, or at least, it's supposed
  to be (though some FG_WARN messages inexplicably still get
  through).

What about the presumptively "useful" stuff like the JSBSim touchdown report or YASim solution data? Would it be a good idea to split out the "stuff that we actually want to display to the user under normal conditions" into a separate stream, rather than overloading the concept of "error importance" to do this?

Yes, I'm concerned about this stuff as well -- people should not have to enable hundreds of lines of mundane logging just to see the touchdown report.

Or maybe the Right Thing is just to stick this stuff into the property
tree and expose it via the GUI...

Or perhaps we could link it to a command ("fdm-report") or something similar. In JSBSim, I think, it's a function that's called explicitly by JSBSim.cxx. Perhaps the other FDM's could add a reporting facility the same way.

All the best,

David