Hi,

it seems that there is a problem with illumination and
I wonder if it is an OpenGL limitation or a flaw in our
way to use it. Look at those screenshots :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/flightsim/fgfs-screen-001.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/flightsim/fgfs-screen-002.jpg

They are both taken from the same location at the same time
( FG was paused ). The difference is the view direction.
You can see that the buildings, especially the Bank of
America, are lit differently, with more specular on the second.
They should appear with the same illumination and the
light calculation should only take into account the position
of the viewer, not where he is looking at.

I recently read this :
http://www.sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/projection_abuse.html
and I wonder if it could be related to the problem.

Cheers,
-Fred