Paul Surgeon wrote:
> The throttle and axis bindings need to be swapped in
> sidewinder-force-feed-pro.xml
> The description at the top is correct but the bindings don't match.
>
> This is an ongoing problem - I remember having the same problem over a
year
> ago.
>
> I've never made patch files before but here is my attempt :

I just want to point out here that axis are not the same for Linux and
Windows : axis 2 & 3 are inverted, and the hat axis are not the same
( 4&5 for Linux, 6&7 for Windows ). From the header of your message,
I presume you are running Linux, so if your patch is commited, the guy
that submit the previous one because his Windows setup didn't work
will resubmit another to "correct" the behaviour broken for him.
There is a risk of an endless loop here as you already detected it is
an ongoing problem.

For other joysticks, the description name differs but it seems that
this one share the same name on both systems.
So a correct, definitive, patch would be to discriminate bindings and
only load those for the system where FG runs.

-Fred