Russell Sutter wrote:
> David Megginson wrote:
> > Andy Ross wrote:
> > > I'm not sure exactly what this is for.  I can (and probably
> > > should) export the C.G. position for the view code to use
> > > appropriately.  But the VRP stuff seems like a double-correction.
> > > It's basically identical to the view center offset stuff, isn't
> > > it?
> >
> > It's the location on the plane where the FDM reports the
> > lon/lat/alt.  It's kind-of a nifty idea, actually.
>
> True, but...  This is a chunk of calculations running every frame.  In
> the olden days, the cost would be too high.

It's a vector addition; I think we can handle it.  Seriously, YASim in
particular is doing *so* much more work than this that the overhead
would be literally immesurable.

My objection is that it seems to be handled in multiple places, and we
should just pick one.  Right now we can adjust the model and view
origins with any/all of the following:

+ Move the model origin.  (Add an offset to all the vertices in the .ac file)
+ Move the FDM origin.    (Ditto for the FDM configuration)
+ Use the /view/config/*-offset-m properties (see the 747 for an example)

Adding the VRP is yet another mechanism, basically a direct analog of
the view offset stuff on the FDM side.  I just don't see the need.  If
we decide the VRP is the right way to do it, we should chuck the view
offset stuff for simplicity and orthogonality.

Andy