Curtis L. Olson writes:

> Norman Vine wrote:
> > I certainly hope you are not planning on publishing the 'position' as reported
> > by the FDM for things like collision detection and related instrumentation
> > such as a radar display with out some kind of 'adjustment'
> >
> > No-digging-necessary'ly-yr's
>
> Collision detection could be an interesting point.  Radar seems like a
> stretch unless you are *extremely* close to the target (at which point you
> probably aren't watching your radar anyway.)  In RL you are probably going
> to get wierd results that close anyway.

Hmm..  conventional radar usage is perhaps a bit of a stretch but things such
as automated landings use radar verification where being off by half the length
of a 747 could lead to 'interesting' things ..  there are other interesting uses for
radar like things too that are most useful when you aren't necessarily watching
the 'screen'

* ALARM * ALARM * ALARM *

Norman