I'm very interested about the recent discussion regarding the new
capabilities of FG with live weather data.

Please don't stick only to getting the data from the Web. For me, it would
be nice to let FG get the data also from files in the local hard disk as
well (think of those of us that doesn't have a direct connect to the
Internet. Yes, we are still a lot of them around!!. The NOAA allows for the
downloading of a .zip file for a complete cycle (I guess a day) of
conditions for any airport.

I think that having the ability to choose between getting the weather data
from Internet (in real time) or from files (stating the proper folder to
search for files) would be a nice improvement (this capability will also
make possible to fly with "live data" for past conditions: e.g. I can
download data for last Friday for certain airport in order to fly with "real
Friday conditions"

Just my five cents...

Pablo J. Rogina