On 15 Mar 2004 at 7:14, David Culp wrote:

> I'm getting alot of this: "Alert: catching up on tile delete queue"
> on the console, in "quiet mode", while flying the T-38.  There doesn't seem to
> be any effect on the sim, though.  Is there a way to make this go away?

see http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2004-February/025791.html

You can make it go away by moving the tile manager initialisation in fg_init.cxx from
before the
view initialisation to after it.  As far as I can see from a fair bit of testing this
has no adverse
affect on the fdm or viewer init, but I haven't checked through the fdm init code
enough to
actively push for this change yet.

I have sometimes seen a slight pause on a Cygwin box when this happens, it's
definitely
something that should be sorted at some point.

The pollution of the tile cache by the AI code mentioned in the thread above should
now be
fixed in CVS - AI traffic now only determines ground elev when in visual range, which
by
definition means with an already loaded tile.

Cheers - Dave