David Megginson said:

> Andy Ross wrote:
>
> > It's a fine way, just not the only one.  Most people run their
> > desktops at high resolutions that may not be good choices for a 3D
> > buffer.  Older cards (like the Radeon 7500 in my laptop) can handle
> > FlightGear just fine, but not at 1280x1024.
>
> Right.  My desktop resolution is 1600x1200, but I can just barely run
> FlightGear at that with 16 bpp (and it's borderline around KSFO).  I don't
> want to open a tiny window that barely fills by FOV, but fullscreen 1024x768
> would be very nice.

On my system I end up running in a window for that very reason.  It would be
nice to do be able to do full screen at lower res,  but I'm not sure how often
I'd use it.

You know with the huge vid memories and fast GPUs now, and the fact that LCD's
are fixed resolution anyway, it won't be too many more years before mode
switching will be a thing of the past!

BTW...what are you running for a display at 1600?

Best,

Jim