Carlos Renato wrote:

I am trying to assemble a cockpit with simulated instruments, I checked the
previus messages and I found the procedures to use some different joysticks
but there were no information for instrumentation, does someone developed
the gauges and radio stack for it?

Are you asking if there is cockpit hardware (gauges, radio stack, etc.) available that readily integrate with FlightGear?

I think the answer to your question depends on your budget versus how much time/ability you have to build your own hardware versus how much time/ability you have to do software interfacing yourself.

ATC Flight Simulators has a FG interface to the hardware they produce. They could deliver an entire cockpit with enclosure for a single or light twin, complete, ready to go, and FAA level 3 FTD certified. Expect that to cost a bit more than pocket change though. If you didn't need FAA certification, you could probably negotiate that out of the price and just use the FG flight dynamics. In the interest of "full disclosure", I get paid by these guys to do software work once in a while (some of this involves FG and is contributed back to the project, some of this is external to FG.)

If you are building your own cockpit and looking for cheaper hardware to interface easily to FG, then you are starting to move into "do-it-yourself" territory. There are companies like Precision Flight Controls that make decent hardware at "reasonable" cost. I'm not aware of a FG interface, but I have an old copy of their interface spec laying around someplace. At the time it was a serial communication protocol. It would take some effort, but it would probably be fairly straight forward to build a software layer to their hardware. I've never pursued it myself because I don't have any of their hardware.

I'm sure there is a large variety of hardware available of differing levels of quality, and completeness that require differing levels of interface effort. I haven't looked into this too much. Some of this may not be too hard to interface to FG if you are willing to put in some effort. There are people like Gene B. who build their own gauges, wire up the interface, and do all the coding themselves.

So there are a lot of angles you could attack this from depending on your budget and your time and your experience.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org