Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Here's my take on the discussed problem: Add an alternative
> attribute "n_win" to all "axis" definitions that should be different
> in Unix and Windows.

Well, once you overcome the initial revulsion to the fact that the
core, low level property array indexing API is being hacked for a
hard-coded platform dependency, this actually is pretty clean. :)

The XML interface for someone doing a joystick configuration is
simple, terse, and obvious.  It's easy to port existing joystick
configurations without major changes, and maintaining them

I'd suggest a big comment in the property parser to explain why this
hack is there, and perhaps to warn away future developers who might
want to "extend" it to other uses, though.  It's basically a joystick
hack, and should stay that way.

Andy