Giles Robertson wrote:
> From main.cxx:
>
> if ( idle_state == 1000 ) {
>         // We've finished all our initialization steps, from now on we
>         // run the main loop.
>         fgRegisterIdleHandler(fgMainLoop);
>
> idle_state appears to be declared globally, so you should be able to
> test straight for that:

That's not sufficient, though.  At this point, the FDM initialization
still hasn't occurred; it needs to wait for the tile under the
aircraft to load first, which can still be a few more seconds.

The problem is deep, unfortunately.  There just isn't a single boolean
you can check to see if the sim is finished initializing; different
subsystems come up at different times.  This is especially true with
some of the Nasal code, which has to set timers to wait until the
initialization is (probably) finished.

Andy