On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 03:41, David Megginson wrote:
> > What is the best way (most supported, cross-platform) to turn an integer
> > into an STL string type? Or, even an ASCII char[]?
> >
> > It seems that itoa() is not totally common.
>
> snprintf() is in ISO C99 but not ANSI C -- you could check to see if all of
> the target platforms have it.  ANSI C sprintf() should also be OK, since
> you can predict the maximum length for an integer, but the security heads
> might want to chime in here.

No itoa is not standard. I have already a patch on top of Jons changes to
JSBSim in my local tree which uses stringstream which is standard C++ since
ages.
The stringstream class would have the advantage that it is not error prone to
buffer overflows.

Comments on known problems with stringstream on platforms we want to support?

I would prefer to use this one if it is not a compatibility problem.

     Greetings

         Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]