> >I recently
> >modelled a 40-story building I wanted to put in its real-life location;
> >the latlong I'd dug up for the building didn't match any of the antenna
> >locations, so I didn't know what to substitute for.
>
> If you live in the area you could drive over with a gps and survey the
> building yourself ... drive around the block a couple times and record
> the track?  Gps's don't work well in down town environments because the
> satellites are often obstructured, but maybe you can get lucky enough to
> get a decent idea of the location.

Possibly easier, for most US cities, is taking advantage of the fact that
the roads are on a predictable grid.  You just need the GPS coordinates of
three intersections (four if you want to be paranoid for the projection)
and you can infer the location of anything within the grid from the address.
The nice thing about this is (a) someone might already have the coordinates
for some addresses online (many stores do, on their websites, for example)
and (b) someone you know might live _somewhere_ in the grid and own a GPS
or even (c) around the perimeter of the grid, buildings are much smaller.