On Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2004 21:12, David Megginson wrote:
> Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > Off the top of my head (and I'm in a real hurry at this second), I think
> > it would be nice to make it possible to supply the FDMs with a force
> > vector and point of application - perhaps even a moment vector. Is that
> > what you are proposing?
>
> Once we support ground reactions with a moving surface (like the deck of a
> ship), why not just model the catapult as a faster moving surface?
Hmm, I also think that this will provide more problems than it solves.

I am also for a force/acceleration vector applied to the nose gear. This is
how it works in reality. Also it is easier to just add an additional force
then to have a surface which is used to compute a force that is then
added ...

    Greetings

           Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]