On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:34:04 +0100, Mat wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi All,
>
> Hoping to pick up on flying lessons again and was wondering if I can
> record NMEA flight data of my lessons and play it back in FG ?

..oughtta work.  Some gps gear also record static air pressure and
temperature, if you can get a remote sensor into a wee cup, total
pressure is possible too.

> To add to this does anyone know of a way of recording bank angle /
> glide path in a format usable by FG ?
> Playback of real flights would be a nice feature.

..only hardware ideas; videotaping the panel, or make a gyro "black box"
using model gyros and record data off that, record local weather, static
and total pressures or the instrument readings.

..other ideas includes using 2 or more gps units and their relative
positions on the airframe, to calculate airframe attitudes.

..local weather will _always_ be different.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: