Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> I think newer Airbus aircrafts have CDU's that have a more
> advanced GUI.
> http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/FRheft/FRHeft04/FRH0401/FR0401c1.JPG

Most current images seem really to be mainly computer created, but
check out:

        http://www.airbus.com/MultimediaElements/139.jpg
        http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/b/ba/A380.flightdeck.750pix.jpg

What's interesting though, is the integrated Chart-Database with
LCD screens on either side of the cockpit !

Unfortunately, there were not any images of the A380's MCDU - but I did
read that it's supposed to be controlled by a simple
stick/mouse replacement ...

I wonder, how "easy" this will be to be done in-flight, though :-/

But a multi-color display (well, at least tri-color) would certainly
be a good idea for the CDUs of the future.

I was talking about having a libary-like interface that can allow the user to implement basic and advanced animations really easily.

Okay, I think we agree here - Harald suggested already a basic framework for it, so it might make sense for those instrument designers to also make some suggestions about what exactly might be needed in such a library.

P.S.: Harald, you might want to check this page, too:

        http://users.pandora.be/B737/serv03.htm

--------- Boris