Hi guys,

First post on the mailing list after lurking for a while. My name is Jeroen
Hoppenbrouwers and I have been active for about five years in a niche of the
flight sim world, the (very active) community around Aerowinx 747-400
Precision Simulator (www.aerowinx.com). This is an extremely detailed
systems and IFR sim, with nearly no outside view.

I wonder about two things:

1. Many people nowadays slave the Microsoft sim to PS1 to get a full outside
   view on a secondary system without having to "fly" the MSFS. This gives
   them best of both worlds. I wonder whether FlightGear at present time
   would be capable to fulfill the role of a scenery generator?

2. I saw comments about VATSIM/IVAO floating by. I wrote a fully certified
   client for both networks that is built in such a way that connecting it
   to FlightGear should take an hour at most (www.hoppie.nl/sb747). Would
   there be interest to do this and offer it to VATSIM/IVAO for re-certifi-
   cation (re-, as the base software won't change at all)? Portability is no
   issue as everything is in Tcl/Tk -- however we still suffer from the
   "security by obscurity" dogma of both networks, so I can't release all
   sources just yet.

If you browse my site, you might find other goodies that could be
interesting for FlightGear. I won't do MSFS, so it looks like I'm stuck with
you for a while   :-)

Jeroen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.hoppie.nl/