> Just downloaded a fresh CVS FlightGear and found that the AI code is
> causing segfaults now.  I'll recompile and run it through gdb.  In the mean
> time beware that some aircraft that set up AI scenarios by default, like
> the T-38 or the hunter-2tanks, are crashing the sim.

I've run it through gdb and didn't get any useful output.  After a few hours
of detective work with cout's I'm getting this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]$ ./t38
FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for fcs/throttle-cmd-norm[0]
Creating new property
FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for fcs/throttle-cmd-norm[1]
Creating new property
Starting FGAIManager::bind()
Finished FGAIManager::bind()
Creating new scenario: refueling_demo
Creating an AIAircraft
Created an AIAircraft
Scenario has been processed.
./t38: line 24:   662 Aborted                 /home/dave/bin/fgfs $cmdline

The sim is crashing before the first call to FGAIManager::update(), however
the init() is working fine, and the scenario gets processed and an AI
aircraft is created properly.  AFAIK the AI subsystem doesn't do anything
else between bind() and update(), so the property system (as pointed out by
Fred) might be a good place to look.

Dave