On Sunday, 12 December 2004 23:13, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> You might want to check first if plib has this functionality already, or
> putting it in plib's file/directory handling library might be more
> appropriate.  The purpose of SGPath is to be a platform independent path
> name abstraction.  If we create a mkdir function, I think it should
> probably go somewhere else.

Ok, SGPath is a bad place to put it in.

I checked plib and found that it has no mkdir functionality at all.
In fact plib doesn't even have a file handling library.

However I don't like the idea of adding this to plib because I rely on SGPath
for the path name abstraction and I don't want to have to add SGPath to plib
too.
How hard would it be to get something totally new added to plib which most
other users will consider as unnecessary?

BTW : SimGear uses mkdir in SGBinObject::write_bin so it looks like whoever
wrote that thought it would be much easier to just call mkdir right there and
then.

Paul