Andy Ross

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Good news: I've got Andy's code to run. Just a few minor changes.
> > Bad news: It doesn't work.
> >
> > I've set the property "/controls/engines/engine[0]/boost-control" to
> > a fixed value. Yasim shows the correct Boost value. But there's no
> > power.
>
> What does "show the correct boost value" mean?  You mean the property
> is set, or that YASim is seeing the throttle setting but somehow not
> acting on it?

Yes, more or less - PistonEngine.cpp seems to be seeing it, and you can see
the boost going up and down with the throttle setting, but the power isn't
which seems to eliminate the typo theory.

> My only suggestion is to look harder for a typo or somesuch; make sure
> the property you are setting is the one you are reading.

I had a typo at one stage: I eliminated that one. I've eliminated the nasal
code by substituting a single value for
"/controls/engines/engine[0]/boost-control". The previous email was a direct
paste from the code.

> Note that
> higher up in the same file you are already using the same trick:
>
>       <control-input axis="/controls/flight/elevator" control="FLAP0"/>
>       <control-input axis="/controls/flight/elevator-trim"
> control="FLAP0"/>
>
> I'm quite certain this technique works.  It's been in there, and
> actively used, since day one.

Yes, I know it should work, and I'm familiar with its use elsewhere: this
was behind my query yesterday. It seems to partially work. Odd. Well, I'll
just have to eliminate all possibilities one by one. I think PropEngine.cpp
is a likely candidate, but I haven't had time to look in depth yet.

I'm very keen to make this work: it looks like the right way to proceed.

V.