> Today i found out, that using the T38 overwrites other scenario settings
> which are set in the preferences.xml file.

It's been like that for over a year.

> Scenarios should never be set in the aircraft's xml files.

Unless the aircraft is demonstrating an AI capability.

> Hunter/hunter-2tanks-set.xml: <scenario>ship_demo</scenario>
> OV10/OV10-set.xml:   <scenario>thunderstorm_demo</scenario>
  Thunderstorm and weather radar demo
> T38/T38-set.xml:   <scenario>refueling_demo</scenario>
  Refueling and air-air radar demo
> sgs233/sgs233-set.xml:   <scenario>thermal_demo</scenario>
  Thermal demo

> The reason to remove them is, that it's not a good idea to set them in the
> aircraft files when they overwrite other scenario settings that are set in
> the user specific preferences.xml file.

Unless the user(s) aren't aware of the capabilities demonstrated in this way.

> Imagine that someone wants to use the sgs233 glider and fly around over the
> Alps.
> What does he do?
> He will create a new scenario demo file to have thermals over the Alps and

Not in my experience.   What he'll do is complain that FlightGear doesn't have
any thermals and that it sucks compared to any other sim.

> Why does someone want to have thermals over KSFO when he wants to fly over
> the Alps? That makes no sense.

See above.

> Is it possible to make flightgear be able to use more than one scenario
> demo file at the same time?

No.

Dave