On Sonntag 24 Juli 2005 19:51, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> That's got to be better than broken. Shame it's not backward compatible
> though. Let's get it into cvs then we can move forward.
>
> Norman Vine came up with some modified code over on the IRC channel:
>
> "globals->get_multiplayer_tx_mgr()->
> SendMyPosition(globals->get_aircraft_model()->get3DModel()->
>   get_POS() +
> globals->get_scenery ()->get_center() );
> I think that this is probably what wants to be sent in
>   FGMultiplay::process() {"
>
> Is this any good to us? Or does it conflict with your diff?

From what you tell here, Norman follows the same idea like my patch does.
I don't know how he implemented that idea.
But what I did, uses doubles for the position (with floats you will have
roundoff in the magnitude of 1e-7*6e6 \approx 1 m in the multiplayer's
positions).
And I use quaternions for the orientations, which is more compact
representation (4 floats) than sending the whole transform matrix.

What is missing is a clear architecture indenpendent definition of the storage
layout....
Also a 'protocol version' field in the message header will be a good idea IMO.
That way clients could distinguish if and how they should look at that binary
chunk.

   Greetings

          Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]