Jim,

when I open a dos window, and type fgfs, then hit enter, this is what I get;

Base package check failed...Found version [none] at :\FlightGear
Please updrage to version: 0.9.8
Hit a key to continue.....

I think the flightgear directory has to be at the root level....I'll try it. But if it is something else, please let me know.

Hmmmm...remembering DOS, I think there is a PATH command I could use also...

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Jim Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: Craig Martin
>
> OK, I found the \data\preferences and the \data\options xml files. I understand the settings in the preferences file, but I am not quite sure about the setup / format / function of the options file.

> What I am trying to do is to set a default "situation" which FG boots to, without having to go through all of the wizard selections. So basically from boot to runway.....nothing else. So, how do I disable the startup selection wizards, and force FGFS to use the data in the preferences file?

It sounds like you are using the fgrun. That is just a front end that runs fgfs. Try running fgfs directly instead. From a command window enter fgfs --help or fgfs --help --verbose. This will give you lists of the command line options. Under windows you could then just create a shortcut with the parameters you want specified.

Or you can use an .fgfsrc file (fgrun used to create one of these, not sure if it still does). IIRC it is called system.fgfsrc under windows. It can be used as a handy predefined configuration file that has a list of settings (see example below). Any of the options listed under fgfs --help --verbose can be put into the .fgfsrc file.

example .fgfsrc file:

--geometry=1024x768
--airport-id=KBGR
--aircraft=747

And of course you can set anything that is available in preferences.xml and those settings will be used if you just type fgfs with no parameters.

Best,

Jim