On Friday 26 August 2005 07:34, Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> I think that problem is due to metar data being too old.

I don't know;  however, 0.9.8 seems perfectly happy with the same data.  Also,
I've not once managed to get yesterdays' CVS to start with METAR enabled -
surely the data would be unlikely to be "out of date" for every station (in
several countries) I've tried over almost 24 hours?

I've just noticed that starting 0.9.8 at KSFO I get the following output in
the terminal

Altitude = 13
Temp at alt (C) = 12
Temp sea level (C) = 12.0251
Altitude = 13
Dewpoint at alt (C) = 11
Dewpoint at sea level (C) = 11.0026

And seconds later, starting yesterdays CVS I get

Altitude = 13
Temp at alt (C) = 0
Temp sea level (C) = 0.0240539
Altitude = 13
Dewpoint at alt (C) = 0
Dewpoint at sea level (C) = 0.0026

So something's messed up there somewhere; does FG just set the variables it
thinks are out of date to "zero"?  No proxies of any sort involved here I
should add.

Anyway, since it's probably outside my capabilities to fix it, I'm sticking to
testing and reporting.  Would be happy to try any tests or patches required
to get to the bottom of it though.

AJ