Hi AJ,
thank you for your prompt reply, therefore this as a feedback:
I tested it with Normans precompiled version and the (older) stuff I need for
building FG 0.9.8 but still got the same error messages when typing ./configure
from SimGear-0.3.8.
Just downloading all the actual CVS stuff for SimGear and FlightGear I will
have another try with  the more actual files, hopefully ... :-/
If I am not lucky I will ask again as I started to work seriously with
FlightGear this August and though spending a lot of time reading all docs and
testing things I am a bloody beginner!
Once again, thank you for your help and time
Regards
Georg EDDW