On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:08 PM, Arthur Wiebe wrote:

When running fgfs 0.9.9 I get this output:

opening file: /Users/arthur/Projects/FlightGearOSX/data//Navaids/ carrier_nav.dat
/Users/arthur/Projects/FlightGearOSX/data//Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
RenderTexture::BeginCapture(): Texture is not initialized!
/Users/arthur/Projects/FlightGear/../SimGear/SimGear/simgear/ threads/SGThread.hxx:233:
failed assertion `status == 0'
Abort trap

At first if failed right after this line:
/Users/arthur/Projects/FlightGearOSX/data//Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat

But then I uncompressed TACAN_freq.dat.gz and carrier_nav.dat.gz and
got past that. And now it aborts with RenderTexture.

As long as things go like this there'll be no Mac release anytime soon.

I downloaded and built yesterday from CVS on a Mac. I get the same error:

        Using Mac OS X hack for initializing C++ stdio...
opening file: /Users/dersh/Programming/FlightGear/data/Navaids/ carrier_nav.dat
        /Users/dersh/Programming/FlightGear/data/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
        RenderTexture::BeginCapture(): Texture is not initialized!
        Httpd server started on port 5100

But then it continues to load and run. So I think that the error may be a red herring, and not the cause of the abort that you are seeing.

--Adam