On Saturday 26 November 2005 03:09, Josh Babcock wrote:
> I just made up a tutorial about making gear retraction animations run
> smoothly with complicated landing gears. It's still missing the final
> animation code, but I thought I'd throw it up to see what everybody
> thinks.

You have no idea how good your timing is on this one :-)  I've been putting
off doing the gear animation on my Lightning for a while now, but with this
sort of insight I'm certain the job will be much quicker.

Like so many other things in the modelling process, a step by step example can
save so many hours of slaving away learning the hard way.

> It's got lots of in-line images, so be warned. I'm considering
> changing this to in-line thumbnails hotlinked to the full sized images.

I like it just as it is, myself - I find that having to open bigger pictures
from in-line thumbnails is just a nuisance when trying to juggle several open
windows or browser tabs, even with a sane window management setup.  Of
course, having had broadband available here for less than a year I remember
well the plight of the dial-up user; but even then, for tutorials I just
downloaded the whole lot and _then_ read them; saved time and bandwidth in
the long run.  The full-size in-line pictures probably make that process even
simpler, if anything.

> Please give feedback.
OK, it's great - thanks!

Obviously the final animation code will be nice to finish it off, but as it
stands it looks excellent.  I'll let you know if I get baffled at any point
once I start working through it.

Cheers,

AJ