(I don't give a hoo about patch politics and version number
supersticion.)

I'm curious about the choice of language/linkage for the implementation:
Why have a specific vendor model hard-coded in c++? Seems more like task
for xml/nasal scripts to me. ?:-P  Nothing wrong with the language (c++)
but isn't it a little out of place in the fgfs /core/.

Another way to go (in the future) could be implementing specific instrument
models as "plug-ins" -- dynamic objects. Then the model designer can choose
implementation language freely. (If for instance one is well familiar with
c++ and find nasal et.al. awkward to work with.) It could also be
easier to debug in that manner. (using stubs)