On Samstag 03 Dezember 2005 16:45, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> It turned indeed out to be yet another one of these ugly aliasing
> bugs with gcc 4.0.2 ([1] *AND* [2]!). In fastmath.hxx apparently
> reinterpret_cast doesn't work appropriately. Could explain why Alex'
> clean patch didn't work. Now the question is: should fgfs work
> around a broken gcc release, when there's hope that the next version
> will be fixed? Or is it not a bug, but something that will be in
> all gcc versions for the next time (I've not found any bug reports
> about it yet!). Anyway, attached is a patch that makes the
> turbines whine again, and some of us whine less.
Sorry, but gcc is not broken.
That is exactly like the standard tells it should behave.
You are citing the standard yourselves often enough that I believe that you
can read that.
It is somehow hidden, but I believe that 3.10.15 contains exactly that.

   Greetings

         Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]