Steve Knoblock wrote:
Perhaps the autopilot element could include the location of the
Autopilot dialog. Then if the default was loaded it would just load the
existing dialog. If a location was specified, then it would load the
custom dialog.

Something like

 <systems>
    <autopilot>
      <path>Aircraft/c172p/Systems/KAP140.xml</path>
      <gui-dialog>Aircraft/c172p/Systems/KAP140-dialog.xml</gui-dialog>
    </autopilot>

Just my EUR 0.02: If possible (I've not looked at NASAL scripting yet) he auto pilot dialog should be defined in the autopilot definition itself. So if an aircraft does not have an autopilot there would automatically be no autopilot dialog. If an aircraft uses the default autopilot it's dialog is displayed, likewise for a special autopilot. This asumes that menus can be changed dynamically by NASAL scripts like e.g. Mozilla's can through overlays. If not, I think this capability should be added anyway and then used for the autopilot dialog and any other dialog that may be specific to an aircraft (like fuel and payload).

Nine