On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:00:24 -0600, you wrote:

>* Melchior FRANZ -- Tuesday 06 December 2005 15:20:
>> the attached patch adds an fgCommand that allows to disable/enable
>> menu entries
>
>This should better be hooked into the property tree, so that one can
>directly set /sim/menubar/default/menu[2]/item[3]/enabled to false and
>get the menu disabled. Working on that. Comments still welcomed, though.
>
>m.

This is excellent. Yes, please do. This will at least open up access
to the menu system and let the various developers of aircraft and
menus make the choice of how to interact with the menu.

My only caution would be possible malicious disabling of essential
menus. I think the author would be exposed pretty quickly, so the
benefit outweighs the risk. I suppose one could do the same with
Firefox...

-sek