"Curtis L. Olson" writes:

> Andy Ross wrote:
>

> >It's much more enlightening if you embarass them publically.  Unless
> >it's me, of course.
> >

> I'll give them my usual 30 minutes grace period.  Then I'll bring down
> the hammer.  You hear that Dave, you only have 15 minutes now!

Thanks Curt ;-)

I suspect that this is due to my sneaky multiple inheritance of the special
instrument from both SGSubsystem and FGPanelInstrument - subsystems seem to be
somewhat less robust than panel instruments to some of the shenanigans that can
go on with the panel operations.  I already know that Ctrl-C (panel reload)
breaks when a panel includes the KLN89 - I suspect that the mini-panel woes
(never tested since I completely forgot about it) are a variation on the same
theme.

As an immediate fix, simply comment out the <special-instrument> section in the
C172 2d panel xml file.  You'll be left with the GPS background and buttons,
but without the working text.

I'll give some thought to a more robust fix - it's on my TODO list anyway since
the Ctrl+C problem became apparent.

Cheers - Dave