There is an article on slashdot this evening called "Season's Givings".

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/05/12/18/1453256.shtml?tid=105&tid=95&tid=4

I feel I must respond because I know that many (if not all?) of you read slashdot, and in this season of new hope and giving you might see this article and be overwhelmingly tempted to donate something to the FlightGear project. :-) FlightGear is itself a gift from the flightgear developers, so instead of giving to the givers, I encourage you all to set your sites on the needier and worthier causes (not just now, but throughout the year.)

We all watch the news and are aware of the many different issues around the world where there are people in desperate need of even the simplest basic things to survive. But I (and I suspect many others) get so caught up in our day to day stress and struggles that it is really easy to lose sight of anything beyond our own little scope of reality. So here's a little reminder and encouragement to those that care about the world, to maybe take stock of what you've given in the past year, and think about what you might give in this next year, and where you might give it most effectively.

Seasons greetings from the Olsons. :-)

http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/images/xmas-2005.jpg

P.S. I can still photoshop out most of my gray hair ... :-)