On Wednesday 04 Jan 2006 16:59, Gerard ROBIN wrote:
> Le mercredi 04 janvier 2006 à 10:06 -0600, Curtis L. Olson a
écrit :
> > If any of you airplane designers are bored with your current
> > projects, here's an idea for you:
> >
> > http://www.billabongclipper.com
> >
> > I've done some work with the chief pilot of this airplane
> > and was inside it before it got painted up and flown to
> > Hawaii.  I could probably get lots of technical data on it
> > and first hand pilot reports.
> >
> > http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Photos/KMHV/Link/img_2715.ht
> >ml
> > http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Photos/KMHV/Link/img_2719.ht
> >ml
> > http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Photos/KMHV/Link/img_2743.ht
> >ml
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Curt.
>
> Hello Curt,
>
> How could you dare, to suggest to anybody a model development,
> when you concluded that model development  is not contribution
> to FG ? (cf  your Message 18-dec 2005 user-mailing list).
> Which made me to withdraw  any model offers and proposals (
> Crusader F-8E and Corsair F4U) to FG community.
>
> Did you modify your policy, or is it only because that is
> coming only from you ?
>
> Cheers.

I can only find one message from Curt to the user-list on
18-Dec-2005.  It appears to be a reply to your complaint that no
one had rushed to fix a problem you had reported and I cannot
find anything in it to suggest that he concluded that model
development is not a contribution to FG.

What I understood him to be saying is that it is the people who
contribute to FG that influence the directions it takes.  For
example, it was the result of 3d modellers making carrier
capable aircraft that FG now has carrier capabilities.  If
that's not influencing FG development, I don't know what is.

LeeE