Curt Olson wrote:

Rosey red/white checkerboard usually means that the flightgear model loader (via plib) couldn't find the texture. You might make sure that the paths are correct, spelling is correct, case is correct, etc.

Where is the path to the texture specified? The path to pa24-250.ac is in pa24-250.xml in Aircraft/pa24-250/Models. Both pa24-250.ac and the texture file are in that directory also. I don't see a path for the texture of the .ac file in other examples like the pa28-161. I actually used the texture file in Models to tweak the textures in ac3d and then saved the .ac file to Models.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Dave P.