Hi,

On Thursday 09 February 2006 16:01, Martin Spott wrote:
> Nice to see ongoing development in this area.
> Didn't Mathias Froehlich participate in this effort !?
Well, yes and no.

... not at this patch we now have in cvs which is problematic in some sense.
At least in the sense that if will again change the network packet format in
an incompatible way. And in a way that will need an other such change in the
next step. For that packet format change mess I asked for not applying that
paticular patch we have now in cvs.

At
ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_maf/multiplayer-20060124/
is an other interim patch on the way to a better multiplayer feature which now
moves really steady. The network packet format there is still horrible, the
implementation is not ready for production and we are still working on a
network packet format which is compact and flexible.
That patch is also the one which most people on the multiplayer server use -
at least at the time I was there ...

My aim was to avoid too much incompatible network packet format changes and I
was waiting for a basic stable and sufficient packet format definition before
I wanted to have a new public release in cvs. Therefore I did not want a new
official cvs release yet, the current cvs code just slipped through in some
way ...

   Greetings

              Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]