On Sunday 12 February 2006 19:19, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> No, but that's not the problem we are discussing here, is it?
I believe it is.

We have fg that just aborts. That is a problem regardless of the availability
of a soundcard.
Most of us do not see that problem since we all have working soundcards.

I had that too some time ago, but did not have he time to investigate that in
fg. There was a kernel problem on my machine which just did not load the
sound driver for some reason. So I had no soundcard from simgears view.
But without soundcard, regardless of --disable-sound fg just aborted.
That means if you want to run fg you need to buy a soundcard.
I don't see a reason for this requirement ...

Do you already have a clue where in simgears code this exception is thrown?

  Greetings

         Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]