On Sunday 26 February 2006 12:09, alexis bory wrote:
> Lee Elliott a écrit :
> > On Saturday 25 February 2006 17:56, alexis bory wrote:
> >> I'll do that ASAP, maybe sunday night or monday.
> >
> > I can't see any need for a separate folder - add your stuff
> > to the A-10, your name and comments to the existing files,
> > especially the <author> tag in the A-10-set.xml file and
> > send it to one of the cvs maintainers.
>
> I have furbished a .tgz of A-10 with the actual 3D cockpit, it
> doesn't permit yet to disable the added 3D stuff, but why not
> ;) (Dene, please, will you try it ?)
>
> I just wonder who/where to send it ?
>
> Alexis

Could you send me a copy - I'd like to have a play with it:)

I think there has been some misunderstanding with regard to the
differences between version 0.9.8(a) and 0.9.9 YASim aircraft.

The main issue isn't one of adding new features but of fixing a
significant bug and this is why some YASim aircraft have become
incompatible between the two releases.

The nature of the bug - that of the wing incidence being reversed
- means that affected aircraft i.e. those with non-zero
incidence are fundamentally incorrect under 0.9.8(a) and so
maintaining compatibility with 0.9.8(a) and earlier doesn't
really make much sense.

As it happened, I did add a couple of new 'features' to the
current version of the A-10 but they aren't 0.9.9 specific and
could be added to the 0.9.8(a) version but because that version
is effectively broken there's not a lot of point in spending the
time to do it, especially when I've still got other aircraft to
fix - I'm currently working on the Canberra - another aircraft
affected by the same bug.

LeeE