> > Here's the offensive code in /usr/local/include/simgear/math/SGMisc.hxx
> >
> > === start ===
> >
> >   static T min(const T& a, const T& b)
> >
> > === end ===
> >
> > The last line, above, is the culprit. As before, the errors are:
> >
> > SGMisc.hxx:28: error: expected unqualified-id before "const"
> > SGMisc.hxx:28: error: expected `)' before "const"
> > SGMisc.hxx:28: error: expected `)' before "const"
> >
> > The rest of the errors (lots of them), likewise involve "min".
> >
> > Jon
> >
> It is a handy and typesafe way to program a min or max function.
> You know exactly what type the input arguments are and which the output
> arguments are.

> What brakes, but that brakes anyway if you do includes in the
> wrong order, is
> that a prevously defined min/max macro will disturb the
> declaration/implementation of the SGMisc min/max as it would
> disturb that for
> every other min/max declaration/implementation like the std::min/std::max
> functions for example too.
>
> I bet that you defined such a macro and past that include SGMath.h
>
>       Mathias

I know what the min() template definition does - and it looks like a really
good idea.

However, the code from plib, simgear, and flightgear is all straight from
CVS. I looked at the tests/ subdirectory and examined the headers. I renamed
the JSBSim subdirectory. The test-up code still won't compile, and gives the
same error. Again - this is straight from CVS. Some of the other code in
test-up/ does compile. I'm working under CygWin, but I don't think this
should have any effect.

Jon