Propert tree issues i'm having which didnt used to happen before.

Whilst looking at the property tree /engines/engine and /engines/engine[0]

I have noticed that if i change values like running to false they revert
straight back to true.

The same with things like the cutoff i'm sure this used to stop the engine but
it doesnt any longer.

Anybody help me out and let me know whats stopping these properties from
working.

Regards,
Justin Smithies